A chicken Maryland is a cut of chicken which contains both the drumstick and thigh. You can do any number of recipes with this cut and here’s one we really love…
Easy Greek style lemon baked chicken maryland with potatoes and herbs, all in one pot.
- 4 pieces chicken maryland
- 1/2 kg potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon | 15g rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon | 20g minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight.
- Alternative: place everything in a ziplock bag and refrigerate.
- Remove marinated chicken from the fridge at least 2 hours prior.
- Transfer the marinated chicken to a heat proof container or heavy based pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F | 190C
- Baked for 45 minutes until chicken marylands turn brown.
- Remove chicken pieces to a platter and continue to bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan to soak in the sauce.
- Serve immediately.